AUS Consulting, Inc., a multi-state company headquartered in Mount Laurel, NJ, has a Sr. Management opportunity available for a self-motivated individual, with a proven track record, to lead our Rate of Return Utility Consulting Group. This position has the potential to evolve into a Sr. Leadership position.
We offer an attractive and competitive benefits package which includes:
- 401(k), ESOP,
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Educational Assistance
- Various voluntary benefits
The Principal for the Rate of Return practice will analyze and forecast the Cost of Capital for Utility clients; research, prepare and defend client position in rate of return cases ; provide expert testimony to support analysis involving rate of return and cost of capital at all levels of regulatory compliance. The principal also develops, analyzes, and interprets financial and economic information related to utility regulations and rate of return on behalf of utility companies.
Additionally, the responsibilities extend to actively develop new client relationships to expand the client base to attain revenue growth. Coaches, mentors and develops junior associates; collaborates with other consulting practices to leverage all areas of expertise for a broader array of services to clients.
- Thorough understanding and highly specialized in the utility industry, cost of capital, financial and economic policies, and their impact on the client’s needs.
- Conducts complex and specialized rate of return studies.
- Develops and recommends proposed overall rate of return changes to clients to ensure a favorable financial position; assists in the preparation and/or completion of written technical reports.
- Prepares/oversees preparation of data and testimony for presentation as it relates to Cost of Capital.
- Presents expert testimony in field of rate of return for utility industry.
- Responds to interveenor testimony in regard to Rate of Return issues.
- In depth understanding of the theory, principles and practices of rate design und utility regulation.
- Monitors regulatory agencies, counseling clients on trends in “changes in the art of ratemaking” and legislation that affects operations.
- Ability to analyze data and make sound recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively with attorneys, consultants, engineers, CPA’s, utility company personnel and economic research specialists.
- Knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of leadership in consulting for large corporations.
- Ability to present persuasive arguments in a hearing.
- Ability to mentor staff members/direct reports.
- Ability to identify critical issues in a rate case application.
- Experience in presenting and defending expert testimony in litigated or settled rate or rule making proceedings.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- MBA, Masters or PhD. degree in any of the above fields is preferred.
- CRRA accreditation preferred.
- At least 5 – 10 years of experience in public utility regulation.
- Other duties as the needs of the business may dictate.
Applications can be submitted to:
Attn: Human Resources
155 Gaither Drive. Suite A
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
AUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.